The next round of auditions are scheduled for:
Beginning of Fall Semester 2017... stayed tuned!
Join us in the Leigh Hall auditorium on ONE of the audition days.
After auditioning, you will receive an email informing you whether or not you have been invited to callbacks. The callback date and time are TBA. During callbacks, you will learn part of a song with current Kangas and then perform in quartets. You may be asked again to sing the Star-Spangled Banner or your audition song. There may or may not be a simple dance audition, but don't worry about preparing anything or bringing dance clothes.
For ALL auditions:
1. The Star-Spangled Banner unaccompanied in a key of your choir
2. A verse and chorus (or about 90 seconds) of a contemporary song (pop, rock, musical theater, etc.), unaccompanied
- Voice quality
- Musical independence
- Rate of learning music
- Ability to blend
Other things to keep in mind:
- Dress is not formal, but we DO want to see your best side.
- We cannot stress enough the importance of presentation in your audition.
- You must be able to commit to rehearsal times, which are:
Sundays 4 to 6p
Mondays 6:30 to 8:30p
Wednesdays 6:30 to 8:30p
- New members are asked to raise a $25 donation their first semester. (Current members raise $15 each Fall semester.)
- Be yourself and have a good time! :)
To receive more information and/or to put your name on an interest list, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.